Locate within the Historic District of Chevy Chase Village, near Washington, DC, this project involved a complete restoration of the existing house with new architecturally compatible breakfast room, conservatory, family room, and pool pavilion additions to the rear. The existing house, a circa 1916, two story, stucco house, was designed in the Italian Renaissance Revival architectural style. Although the original architect is unconfirmed, there are similarities to work by known Washington architects of the period who built in Chevy Chase and worked in the Renaissance Revival style, including Waddy B. Wood and Reginald Geare. All work was performed in accordance with the Secretary of the Interior’s Standards for Rehabilitation and significant tax credits for the project were realized through Maryland Historic Trust.
Chevy Chase Residence
Back to Historic Preservation